SCS departments and LAS navigation
- Cell Media Facility - Provides the materials required to grow and work with bacteria, yeast, insect cells, and animal cells.
- Computer Applications and Network Services (CANS) - Its goal is to provide the hardware, software, and personnel resources to facilitate the use of computational science and molecular modeling in theoretical and experimental research. The Computer Center is located along the south east corridor of the first floor of Noyes Laboratory.
- Computer Electronics Electrical Services (CEES) - Provides design, construction and repair service for electronic and electro-mechanical equipment. An experienced staff works to provide fast and economical repairs, consultation and design assistance for new instrumentation, construction of new devices or modification of existing hardware, and preventative maintenance on lab equipment and pumps.
- EPR (Electron Paramagnetic Resonance) Lab - Provides EPR, ENDOR, and ESEEM facilities and expertise.
- Glass Shop - Provides glassware repairs, and design and fabrication of customized glass equipment.
- Graphic Services - Provides a range of conventional photographic, electronic imaging, technical drawing, and graphic design services.
- High Pressure Laboratory - Reactions can be performed at high temperatures and/or high pressures in equipment designed for those purposes.
- High-throughput Screening Facility - Assists academic researchers in developing and performing high-throughput screens of chemical libraries.
- Machine Shop - Provides design and machining of customized equipment, especially ultra-high vacuum, high pressure, optical and mechanical equipment.
- Mass Spectrometry Center - Provides varied services with capabilities in all modern methods of mass spectrometry.
- Microanalysis Laboratory - Provides elemental analysis (CHN, ICP, titration) and thermal analysis (TGA, DSC).
- NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) Laboratory - Offers a wide range of spectrometers, probes, and technical capabilities including multi-dimensional, multi-nuclear, and solid-state NMR.
- Storeroom - Repository of chemicals and materials for use; maintains the SCS chemical database.
- X-Ray Diffraction Laboratory- Performs a wide variety of experiments including small and wide angle x-ray scattering, in addition to powder, fiber, and single crystal x-ray diffraction. This facility helps maintain structural database systems that provide electronic search, retrieval, analysis, data, and graphics for inorganic, organic, and macromolecular structures.
- SCS Facilities' Rates (UIUC only)