SCS departments and LAS navigation

Hiring Undergraduate Students from Another Illinois University

You may hire an undergrad student from any of the universities listed below as a student hourly employee. The student will need to show proof of his/her enrollment at the university.

Colleges Eligible for University Employment

A student who is not registered on the University of Illinois, UC campus may be hired and the appointment entered using the " SA" Employee Class – Student Payroll - during the University of Illinois, UC winter or summer breaks if the student is registered for at least six credit hours during the regular academic year at one of the Illinois state-funded universities listed below.

Chicago State University
Eastern Illinois University
Governors State University
Illinois State University
Northeastern Illinois University
Northern Illinois University
Southern Illinois University
University of Illinois – Chicago
University of Illinois – Springfield
University of Illinois – Urbana
Western Illinois University

Human Resources
School of Chemical Sciences
312 Noyes Lab
MC-712 Box 45-1
505 S. Mathews
Urbana, IL  61801
Jennifer Russell
Assistant Director of Human Resources

(217) 300-1637
SCS_HR_Office [at] scs [dot] illinois [dot] edu
Appointments: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Walk-In Hours: 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Monday - Friday

scs-webmaster [at] illinois [dot] edu