Affiliated departments and school
Guidelines for Using the Solid-State UI300WB, VNS500, and VNS750NB Spectrometers
- If you are a newcomer to NMR at Illinois, you must go through Basic NMR training. See the staff in 146 RAL to get started
- If you are late for your scheduled time, you must notify Dr. Sutrisno at least 1 hour in advance with his personal verbal or written confirmation. Otherwise, you can be only 10 minutes late before your reservation is:
- Deleted (for 1 day reservations only) or,
- You are billed for an additional 2 hours, plus the time you use the spectrometer(s).
- Depending on the experiments and plan of use for these spectrometers, solids NMR training may be required. Training on these spectrometers is on a per-person basis and independent use of the spectrometers is to be determined by NMR staff.
- Solid-State NMR training will continue at user expense until the trainer feels you are competent enough to safely and effectively obtain NMR spectra by yourself.
- Clean rotors with ALL of their parts will be given to you before your scheduled time; therefore, clean rotors with ALL of their parts are to be returned after your scheduled time.