Affiliated departments and school
Reservation Protocols for Solid-State NMR Spectrometers
UI300WB and VNS750NB NMR Spectrometers
- Solution NMR training and checkout is required before any user can use this instrument. Training and checkout are scheduled with Tracie Hubert in Roger Adams Lab (RAL) room 146.
- Depending on the experiments and plan of use for this spectrometer, solids NMR training may be required. Training on this spectrometer is on a per-person basis and independent use of the spectrometer is to be determined by the NMR staff.
- Plan ahead and submit your requests in advance. The recommended lead time between when you submit your request and the time you requested is two weeks. Be aware that the actual lead time may vary, from as short as a day to as long as a month or longer.
- A Request for NMR Spectrometer Time form must be filled out and submitted via e-mail to
asutrisn [at] illinois [dot] edu or given to Dr. Andre Sutrisno in Noyes Lab 55, at least three days prior to your requested time. Other request formats will not be accepted.
- Read, sign and obtain the appropriate signatures for the "Solid-State NMR user Terms of Agreement" form. This must be performed before any use of the Solid-State NMR Facility can occur.
- If you would like the NMR Staff to collect data for you, indicate that in the Request for NMR Spectrometer Time form.
- Normally, requests will be handled within 24 hours on weekdays.
- Users are not permitted to reassign any portion of his/her reserved time to another user. If you think you may
finish early and another user is interested in using the remaining time, you must make prior arrangement and seek approval by Dr. Sutrisno. If several members of a group are planning to use the time, notify Dr. Sutrisno of that possibility when the reservation is made.
- The online schedule will be updated daily by the end of the day. Note: This means that a reservation will be
posted around 5:00 pm on the day the reservation has been confirmed.
- If you are late for your scheduled time, you must notify Dr. Sutrisno at least 1 hour in advance with his personal verbal or written confirmation. Otherwise, you can be only 10 minutes late before your reservation is:
- Deleted (for 1 day reservations only) or,
- You are billed for an additional 2 hours, plus the time you use the spectrometer(s).