Hourly Assistants Wanted
Classroom Assistants and Tutors
- Assist professors and lecturers with classroom responsibilities
- Tutor undergraduate students in chemical engineering core courses
- Needed for Spring 2020 (January 21 – May 15)
- Hourly wage $16/hr.
Duties and time commitments are dependent upon assignment and may include one or more of the following tasks. For assisting professors and lecturers: classroom assistance; conducting discussion sections; holding office hours; grading homework sets; and assisting in the grading of reports, tests, quizzes, and exams. For tutoring: facilitate tutor sessions to help students to understand core course materials. It is estimated that the total time commitment depends upon the assignment, but is expected to be no more than 10-12 hours per week.
Qualifications: Undergraduate student applicants should be in chemical engineering should have completed or are currently enrolled in ChBE 422 and ChBE 424, maintain a high GPA (preferably 3.7 or higher), and possess strong communication skills. Graduate students are welcome to apply. Degrees in disciplines with similar ChemE background may be considered.
To ensure full consideration, applications should be received by noon – November 15. Please submit your application package to the departmental office, contact information below (paper or electronic submission is welcome).
Procedures for Application:
- Complete the Hourly Assistant application form.Hourly Application ChBE.docx
- Provide availability to serve as a classroom assistant. Include your class schedule.
- Send a pdf of your DARS report.
- Provide a name and email of a UIUC professor or lecturer reference.
Jenny Daly / via Jadii Rodgers
Associate Director of Finance and Administration
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering