Dear Rising Juniors,
Are you curious about the world and want to make a positive change within it? The Voyager Scholarship provides financial aid and funded travel opportunities for students interested in creating change through a career in public service.
This newly created scholarship, funded by the Obamas and Brian Chesky of Airbnb, seeks students who have a passion for helping others, experience serving in or building community, and an expansive view of what’s possible through public service.
Benefits of the scholarship include:
- Up to $25,000 per year in “last dollar” financial aid for your junior and senior years of college.
- A $10,000 stipend and free Airbnb housing to pursue a summer work-travel experience between junior and senior year of college.
- Students will be invited each fall to an annual summit to help define and inspire their public service journey.
- Throughout the program, recipients will be invited to an ongoing speaker series, giving them access to a network of leaders
- After graduation, Airbnb will provide students with a $2,000 travel credit every year for 10 years, totaling $20,000.
The Voyager Scholarship is open to students entering their junior year of college who have demonstrated a financial need and who are US citizens, permanent residents, or DACA recipients.
Interested students can email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback on application materials at any point before the June 14th deadline.