This scholarship will support two undergraduate students to perform research in Summer 2024 at the interface of data science and chemistry. Awards will be $3,500.
Eligibility: Applicants must be current UIUC undergraduates (freshman, sophomore, or junior) in good academic standing.
Application: All applications must include a resume, unofficial transcript, and one page statement of purpose. In the statement of purpose, please include:
- A description of your future career goals and what you hope to gain from the summer research experience.
- Any relevant background, academic experiences, skills, or previous research experiences.
- Your ranked first and second choice research projects (see back side) and your reasons for selecting them.
The resume, transcript, and statement of purpose must be emailed to email@example.com as a single .pdf file on or before February 1.
- November 1st – Applications open.
- February 1 – Deadline for applications.
- April 1 – Awards announced.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee of Chemistry Department faculty members. Please direct any application questions to Prof. Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org).