Post a Job/Internship and Resume Access
The School of Chemical Sciences Career Services office offers free access to our online job board to registered employers/alumni to post positions for full-time, summer internship, semester internship, and co-op positions for students. There is no fee to post positions or to receive candidate résumés.
To post positions, log in to Handshake @ Illinois
You can email a copy of your employment opportunity to our office to email@example.com.
The School of Chemical Sciences Career Services office offers free access to our résumé books using the Handshake @ Illinois system. Users can search the database by degree, major, graduation date, GPA, work authorization, and résumé keywords.
To access student résumé books, log in to Handshake @ Illinois.
To effectively implement this definition, NACE developed criteria that college career centers and employer recruiters can use to identify workplace experiences that can legitimately be identified as “internships.” These criteria are:
- The experience must be an extension of the classroom: a learning experience that provides for applying the knowledge gained in the classroom. It must not be simply to advance the operations of the employer or be the work that a regular employee would routinely perform.
- The skills or knowledge learned must be transferable to other employment settings.
- The experience has a defined beginning and end, and a job description with desired qualifications.
- There are clearly defined learning objectives/goals related to the professional goals of the student’s academic coursework.
- There is supervision by a professional with expertise and educational and/or professional background in the field of the experience.
- There is routine feedback by the experienced supervisor.
- There are resources, equipment, and facilities provided by the host employer that support learning objectives/goals.
See more information at the US Department of Labor fact sheet.