Submission of Samples - Users from Outside the University of Illinois
Technical Testing Agreements (TTA)
As a leading research university, we have the opportunity to help other academic institutions in their research efforts. By setting up an account with our facility, academic institutions can analyze their samples at a fraction of the normal industry rates, thereby saving valuable research funding.
In order to protect the confidentiality of your work the University of Illinois requires you to establish a Technical Testing Agreement (TTA). If you would like to start an account here please download and fill in this TTA form (.docx). The Principal Investigator (Advisor) needs to fill out the highligthted areas, sign it, and return a printed copy to Furong Sun at:
Mass Spectrometry Laboratory
School of Chemical Sciences
University of Illinois
Room 35 Noyes Lab, Box 51-1
600 S. Mathews Ave.
Urbana, IL 61801
Tel: (217) 333-2545
Alternatively, you may fill in the document electronically, save it, print and sign it, then scan and e-mail the document to:
(per sample unless otherwise indicated)
|2014 Non-UI Academic
|2014 Non-Academic Rate|
|Low Resolution MS||$22.64||$45|
|High Resolution MS||$27.89||$55|
|Self-Run Instrument Use (per hour)||NA||NA|
|Self-Run LC of GC MS||NA||NA|
- University of Illinois Rate pertains to all MSL users of the University of Illinois including the Urbana-Champaign, Chicago, and Springfield campuses.
- Non-UI Academic Rate pertains to all other schools.
- Non-Academic Rate pertains to everyone else.
- The University of Illinois Rate has been computed based on the average operating costs of the MSL.
- Non-UI Academic and Non-Academic Rates include additional overhead expenses.