Welcome to the School of Chemical Sciences (SCS) at the University of Illinois! Your Academic Advisors in SCS are excited to meet you this summer and help you prepare for a successful academic career in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Chemistry, or CS+Chemistry.
To get the most out of your new student registration experience, please be sure to complete all of the tasks below at least TWO WEEKS (14 days) before your registration appointment:
- Set up your Illinois NetID and password
- Complete the ALEKS Math, Chemistry, and Physics placement exams
- Non-native English speakers, complete the English Placement Test
- Complete the LAS registration homework through MyIllini - be sure to list your AP exams and your known or estimated scores!
- Tell your SCS advisor more about yourself by filling out the SCS Questionnaire
- Meeting with us virtually? Be sure to install and test out the Zoom video conferencing software - we'll be using this for our virtual meetings
We also highly recommend that you spend 30-45 minutes watching the videos and reading through the handouts below to learn a bit more about your degree, campus General Education requirements, and the registration system. We've even provided a guide to picking General Education courses and planning out your schedule before your new student registration appointment!
NOTE: Site optimized for viewing on a computer or tablet. If you need any assistance accessing materials on this site, contact Kimberly Powers.